Eco-Tourism on Vancouver Island
- Learn about sustainability in a whole new way
- Experience Cobb Construction
- Participate in sustainable gardening and harvesting
- Enjoy cooking by using a methane biogester, rocket stove, cob oven and solar cookers
- Become a part of community and learn to contribute to the common goal
- Participate in caring for the livestock
- Participate in the building and upkeep of the ecolodge
- Enjoy hiking at French Beach Regional Park and discover the beauty of French Beach
- Enjoy a mountain biking through the trails at Sooke Regional Park – deemed the outdoor recreation capital of Vancouver Island
Beautiful landscapes, rivers, sandy beaches and a lifestyle that is unmatched throughout the rest of Canada. Enjoy your stay with one of the most progressive ecovillage, promoting clean living and permaculture.
- Explore issues on a local and global scale, centered on sustainable practices.
- Develop leadership skills to be agents of change within their own communities
- Expand understanding of environmental practices by discussing, participating in activities and volunteering
- The following themes are also touched upon throughout the experience:
• Green technology
• Ecosystems and human impact
• Environmental sustainability practices
• Introduction to global citizenship
• Leadership skills
• Environmental management and practice
All Evolve Tours itineraries are completely customizable for your groups desires and needs
Day 1 - Arrive on Vancouver Island
Meet at airport as a group and travel to Victoria International airport. Once we arrive, meet your Evolve Tour leader excited to spend the next with the group!
We will take our private coach bus to the ecolodge to get settled in. We will have an orientation session and enjoy our first group dinner. Enjoy an evening Evolve led activity before retiring for the evening.
Days 2 - 5 - Eco-Village
Over the next few days, enjoy all the eco-lodge has to offer. We will immerse ourselves and become part of the community. During the days, we will learn more about perma-culture, and sustainable living by actively participating in the experience. Although the activities are seasonal & weather dependent, they may include; farming: animals their care, milking, collecting eggs — permaculture; gardens; planting, seeding, weeding, harvesting, composting — building: natural building with cobb/strawbale/biofibre, small building projects — kitchen: cooking, prep, kitchen crafting; canning and preserving. During the experience you will also engage with the Learning Community. This group includes a team of village residents, the new co-op ownership group, various teachers, facilitators, program coordinators, guest speakers, participants from the on-site ‘Natural Building Skillbuilder’ and ‘Sustainable Food Production Skillbuilder’ who will contribute to the educational component of our stay.
Day 6 - East Sooke Regional Park & French Beach
Enjoy the day at East Sooke Regional Park. We will head to this beautiful place considered a green oasis. Once we arrive, we will start off on a mountain biking tour through the numerous trails. After we break for lunch, we head to French Beach provincial park to explore the hiking trails and make our way to see French beach. Afterwards, we will head back to the eco-lodge for our last evening.
Day 7 - Homebound
After breakfast, we will transfer to the Victoria International Airport to board our flight home. Arrive home after an amazing trip to Vancouver Island.
FlightRound trip airfare, to and from Victoria International Airport
BusPrivate Bus Transportation transfer to and from the airport
Eco-Lodge6 night's accommodation at an eco-lodge
- All meals are provided in the tour cost