ECO Urban Tour of San Francisco
- Participate in an educational program at Eco Center, a community center that uses sustainable on-site power, water and wastewater systems
- Ride the bio-diesel fueled ducks on a guided land and water city tour
- Travel to Alcatraz by zero emmision ferry, tour the historic prison
- Time to explore Pier 39
- Participate in scientific practices while exploring the Aquarium of the Bay
- Walk to and attend an improv comedy show
- Environmental programming at Crissy Center’s state of the art, green education facility
- Give back with a gardening volunteer activity
We will explore the metropolitan oasis of San Francisco, while seeking to achieve a net neutral carbon footprint while touring some of the leading innovations and activities in urban green living in a major metropolitan center.
Take in the highlights of a major city while focusing specifically on sustainable lifestyles and practices that enable all of us to become greater engaged and aware global citizens
All Evolve Tours itineraries are completely customizable for your groups desires and needs.
Day 1 - Travel to San Fran, Eco Center, Ride the Ducks
Travel to San Francisco. Begin our tour with an educational program at Eco Center, a community center that uses sustainable on-site power, water and wastewater systems. Learn about alternative and sustainable lifestyles. This evening we will ‘ride the ducks’. The ducks are a combination land/sea guided tour through the city of San Francisco. The vehicles recently switched to bio-diesel.
Day 2 - (Eco) Alcatraz, Pier 39, Aquarium of the Bay, Comedy Show
Begin our day with a visit to the historic Alcatraz Island. We will travel to island by special ferry that is totally green; it’s powered by wind power, solar panels and hybrid batteries. Walk along the boardwalk towards Pier 39, featuring scenic views, sea-lion sightings, eateries, and more. Participate in scientific practices while exploring the Aquarium of the Bay and its amazing Bay animals with an Aquarium Educator. Walk to a hilarious improv comedy show this evening.
Day 3 - Crissy Center, Environmental Volunteer, Homeward Bound
Public TransitSan Francisco has gone out of its way to invest in the greenest public transportation possible. The city is even going so far as to install green solar-powered bus stops
Eco HotelStay in a LEED certified, carbon neutral, San Francisco hotel
- Daily sustainable and organic breakfasts and dinners included
San Francisco has implemented a citywide composting program and offers a recycled art program at its local dump.