Highlights of Jordan Tour
Guided tour of Amman
- Visit Um Qais, a city rich with basalt ruins and overlooking the Jordan Valley
- Explore the village of Ajlun with its fortress and magnificent view
- Tour Jerash, one of the most preserved Graeco-Roman cities in the Middle East
- Visit the Desert Castles of Azraq, Amra and Kharaneh
- Float in and enjoy the minerals and mud of the Dead Sea
- Visit the Christian Town of Madaba, “The City of Mosaics”
- Tour the monastery at Mount Nebo
- Full day guided hiking tour of the Dana Reserve
- Full day exploring Petra:
- Tour the ancient Nabatean Capital -on horseback!
- Walk through the Siq, a long narrow fissure between two overhanging cliffs
- Explore the f the Red Rose City, Royal Tombs, burial chambers and high places of sacrifice
- Enjoy a Jordanian cooking class
- Tour Beida, the place where the Nabateans used to entertain their guests
- Jeep tour and hike through the Wadi Rum Desert
- Overnight hospitality and accommodation at a Bedouin village
Float in the Dead Sea, explore the historic city of Petra, jeep through the desert and sleep in Bedouin tents, and much more. This Jordan tour is designed to maximize the experiential education of your students as they explore the history, geography, culture, and beauty that exists in Jordan.
Jordan is one of the safest country’s in the Middle East and provides and amazing opportunity to explore the beauty, history and warmth of an often misunderstood country and region
Student trip itineraries are completely customizable for your groups desires and needs
Day 1 - Travel to Jordan
Board our overnight flight, Jordan bound. Excited for the highlights of Jordan tour ahead.
Day 2 - Welcome to Jordan
Embark on an introductory tour of Amman. See the city’s highlights and learn about the history and culture of the country. Dinner and overnight at a local hotel.
Day 3 - Um Qais, Ajlun, Jerash, Amman
Visit Um Qais, a city rich with basalt ruins and overlooking the Jordan Valley, Golan heights and Lake Tiberius. Visit the village of Ajlun with its fortress and magnificent view. Explore Jerash, one of the most preserved Graeco-Roman cities in the Middle East. Overnight in Amman.
Day 4 - Azraq, Amra and Kharaneh, Dead Sea
Visit the Desert Castles of Azraq, Amra and Kharaneh. Continue to the Dead Sea, the lowest point on earth, 409 meters below sea level. Enjoy floating in the salty water and the therapeutic qualities of the mud.
Day 5 -
Heads south through the king’s way, an ancient route that still has marks left from centuries ago. Visit the Christian Town of Madaba, “The City of Mosaics”, and take a detour to Mount Nebo to tour the monastery. Head through Wadi Mujib, a deep valley holding one of Jordan’s most breathtaking views. Visit the Kerak castle dating back to Byzantine to the Mamluk period.
Day 6 - Dana Reserve
Full day guided hiking tour of the Dana Reserve – Jordan’s largest nature reserve crossing four bio-geographical zones. Transfer by road to Petra following our day of hiking.
Day 7 - Petra
Tour the ancient Nabatean Capital -on horseback! Next, walk through the Siq, a long narrow fissure between two overhanging cliffs. Explore the mysteries of the Red Rose City with its spectacular treasury, Royal Tombs, burial chambers and high places of sacrifice. Enjoy a Jordanian cooking class this evening!
Day 8 -
Proceed to Beida, the place where the Nabateans used to entertain their guests. Enjoy the enchanting desert of Wadi Rum, Jordan’s largest and pituresquely stunning desert landscape. Enjoy a jeep tour in the desert through sunset. Traditional Bedouin dinner and tents for the night.
Day 9 -
Full day guided hiking tour inside the Wadi begins. Spend the day exploring the Wadi Rum desert. Return to the campsite for a traditional Bedouin dinner and another night at the camp.
Day 10 - Return to Amman
Say goodbye to the desert as we make our way back towards Amman. Enjoy a final afternoon exploring the city, purchasing souveniours, and a celebratory dinner at a local restaurant. Debrief and prepare for trip home tomorrow.
Day 11 - Homeward Bound
Begin our travel home after an amazing trip to Jordan together!
AirfareRoundtrip group airfare to Morocco
BusPrivate coach transportation for duration of trip
HotelsCentrally located, student friendly, 3 * minimum, acclaimed hotels
BedouinTwo nights at a local Bedouin tent and community
Daily breakfast and dinner included in tour. Meals at locally owned and run restaurants and accommodations serving authentic cuisine sufficient for teenage appetites.
The Dead Sea is 20 times saltier than the Ocean
Places You’ll Visit