Nicaragua’s Eco-Tourism Adventure
- Multi-day stay at our beautiful, sustainable eco-lodge
- Sustainable, locally supported service projects
- Chocolate Making Workshop
- Natural Medicine Workshop
- Appropriate Technology use on the farm
- Earth Building Workshop
- Fermentation Workshop
- Artisanal/Cultural Workshops
- Spanish Classes
- Sewing Classes
- Natural spring-fed swimming pools
- Hike Volcán Maderas
- Hike Volcán Concepción
- Hike to a waterfall
- Tour of Finca Magdalena Coffee Farm
- Kite Surfing on the lake
Many argue Nicaragua offers the perfect balance between rugged and developed, comfort and strangeness, vivid history and modern day adventure. Nicaragua is being dubbed the new Costa Rica, 2.0. Discover all it’s history, beauty, and nature first hand
A visit to one of our remote eco-lodges is a must–our classroom is the wilderness while we simultaneously live a sustainable and care-free life; you’ll be amazed how well you eat and sleep every night. Surf lessons, zip lining, and snorkeling, and more on the adventure side of the trip.
All Evolve Tours itineraries are completely customizable for your group, desires, and needs
Day 1 - Travel to Nicaragua
Arrive in Nicaragua and fly straight to Ometepe, a 30 minute flight and a breathtaking & amazing experience. Enjoy a welcome orientation at our beautiful local eco-lodge.
Days 2 - 5 - Eco Ranch
Mornings will be spent focused on service learning, sustainability, and skill building. Fun activities and excursions for our afternoons. Evening back at our beautiful eco-lodge.
Activities can include:
- Chocolate Making Workshop: Learn about the historical significance of cacao, tour different varieties of cacao plants on the farm, and make our own hand-made chocolate from organic cacao seeds grown on site.
- Natural Medicine Workshop: Learn about making medicine from plants. Students make their own tinctures, try some of our homemade tinctures and salves, and leave knowing how to make their own tinctures at home.
- Appropriate Technology: Learn about, tour, and experience different technologies incorporated on the farm. From solar electricity and drying to water systems and hand powered food processing, gain an understanding of how we can get the most done with the least embodied energy.
- Earth Building Workshop: Learn the fundamentals of working with earth and the possibilities that lie within. This is a classroom based and hands on experience, wall systems, plasters, and finishes will be explained and made.
- Fermentation Workshop: A hands-on introduction to basic fermentation. Students learn about different types of fermentation for different purposes, and make a kimchi or a kefir out of fruits and vegetables grown on the Bona Fide Farm.
- Artisanal/Cultural Workshops: The most popular workshops are basket making, dance classes, jícaro bowl carving, baking and enchilada making.
- Afternoons of swimming, kayaking, fishing, hiking, and much more!
Days 6 - 7 - Travel to Tola
Head to beach Around TOLA and surf/volunteer with a surf foundation to help local initiatives. This mixes fun, and service learning. We can spend three days there and head to Managua on the 8th day or the 7th night depending on the flight. Great place to close out the trip and have general beach fun etc.
Day 8 - Homeward Bound
Head home after an incredible trip to Nicaragua together
AirfareRoundtrip group airfare to Nicaragua
BusPrivate Coach Transportation as needed in Niacaragua
Eco-LodgeEvolve works with eco-lodges which promote sustainable living practices
HotelCentrally located, student friendly, 3 * minimum, acclaimed hotels
Three meals a day included in trip. Meals at locally owned and run restaurants serving authentic cuisine sufficient for all appetites
Lake Nicaragua, nicknamed the “Freshwater Sea”, is home to the only freshwater sharks in the world
Places You’ll Visit
Fly into Managua, the capital of Nicaragua
Welcome to our beautiful local eco lodge located in the Nicaraguan jungle
Spend the last few days in and near Tola and the Coast