Ocean Sciences Experience in New Brunswick
- Become “Active Researchers” of the Marine environment
- Participate in numerous “hands-on” programs that connects you with an institution devoted to marine research.
- Visit different museums
- Benefit from local researchers/speakers engaging with students
- Participate in a field project on seashore and research boat
- Collect and examine in the lab
- Team-Building all inclusive programs
- Programs introduce possibilities of attending a Maritime University or College
Beautiful east coast landscapes, and sandy beaches. Discover and explore marine sciences like never before.
- Develop leadership skills to be agents of change within their own communities
- Expand understanding of the marine environment by discussing, participating in hands-activities and field research
All Evolve Tours itineraries are completely customizable for your groups desires and needs
Day 1 - Arrive in St. Andrews, New Brunswick
Meet at airport as a group and travel to Saint John International airport. Once we arrive, meet your Evolve Tour leader excited to spend the next with the group!
We will take our private coach bus to our accommodations to get settled in. We will have an orientation session and enjoy our first group dinner. Enjoy an evening Evolve led activity before retiring for the evening.
Day 2 - Boat ride, Plankton tour: Fundy Discovery Aquarium
Enjoy our first morning breakfast in St-Andrew. Embark on our first introductory field research by boat! Afterwards, enjoy a hands’on lab: the Plankton tour, at the Fundy Discovery Aquarium. After dinner, enjoy an evening of Evolve led leadership activities.
Day 3 - Indian Point Inter tidal biodiversity, Labs: invertebrate classification and seaweed
Wake up and have a full breakfast before starting off the day. Next, we will head over the the day’s field research at Indian Point Inter tidal biodiversity. Afterwards, enjoy a hands’on lab: invertebrate classification for the afternoon. After dinner, enjoy another hands’on lab, but this time the focus is on seaweed before retiring to our accommodations for the evening.
Day 4 - Green's Point Zonation, Lab: Echinoderm anatomy/behaviour, Write-up on Zonation
This morning, enjoy breakfast before continuing our marine environment research. First, we will head over to Green’s Point Zonation for our field research trip. Afterwards, enjoy a lab: Echinoderm anatomy/behaviour for the afternoon. After dinner, engage in a write-up on zonation.
Day 5 - Pottery Creek, Lab: invertebrate behavior experiments
Enjoy breakfast before enjoying our last day in New Brunswick. Head over to Pottery Creek for our field research trip for diversity below the sand. Afterwards, enjoy a hand’s on lab: invertebrate behavior experiments. Enjoy our farewell dinner as a group to debrief the trip. Transfer to the Saint-John Airport. Board our group flight and arrive home after an amazing trip to Saint-Andrew’s New Brunswick.
FlightRound trip airfare, to and from Saint John Airport
BusPrivate Bus Transportation transfer to and from the airport
Residences4 night's accommodation at the Huntsman residences
- 3 daily meals are provided in the tour cost